Stop the Spread of Germs that Make You and Others Sick!
Serious respiratory illnesses like influenza, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), whooping cough, and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) are spread by:
- Coughing or sneezing
- Unclean hands
To help stop the spread of germs,
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands.
- Put your used tissue in the waste basket.
Clean your hands after coughing or sneezing
- Wash with soap and water. or
- Clean with alcohol-based hand cleaner.
Printable formats of “Cover Your Cough”
For Health Care Settings
For Community and Public Settings Like Schools and Child Care Facilities
Learn more about…
Download & print posters
“Healthy Habits,” “Germ Stopper,” “Cover Your Cough”…
Access other resources
Information on flu, handwashing, food safety…