The ABCs of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
tips from CIO magazine
These days, the list of potentially business-disrupting events seems almost endless: viruses, power blackouts, natural disasters and even terrorist events. Good business continuity plans will keep your company up and running — this primer helps make sure you’ve covered all the necessary bases.
* What’s the difference between disaster recovery and business continuity planning?
* What does a disaster recovery and business continuity plan include?
* How do I get started?
* Is it really necessary to disrupt business by testing the plan?
* What kinds of things have companies discovered when testing a plan?
* What are the top mistakes that companies make in disaster recovery?
* I still have a binder with our Y2K plan. Will that work?
* Can we outsource our contingency measures?
* How can I sell this business continuity planning to other executives?
* How do I make sure the plans aren’t overkill for my company?
* Related articles from CSO magazine