I had this timed to go live on May Day, but as folks in the Interior are getting antsy about the Nenana (tributary to the Yukon) breaking up soon, I let it go early.
Click on map to go to the larger image in a new browser tab.
Pilots see this
The River Watch Program is…
* A voluntary program asking pilots to report observed river conditions
* Requesting observations that can be obtained without deviation from the normal route or flight level
* Serving the purpose to assist the NWS in providing accurate forecasts, warnings, and navigation information
* Suggesting that the standard method of reporting is to submit pilot report to FAA’s Flight Service Stations by radio
River and lake ice observations can be provided to the Alaska-Pacific River Forecast Center (APRFC) via :
* Radio AFSS with observations for inclusion in a PIREP
* Phone at 1-800-847-1739
* email report and/or photos using link on this page”