A good summary of recent events of former Gov. Palin is Palin Resigns: Exit stage right
A good summary of Gov. Palin in Alaska is
- Sarah Palin, A View From Anchorage Listen Now [41 min 28 sec] add to playlist Fresh Air from WHYY, October 15, 2008 · Supporters and detractors alike can’t seem to get enough of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin. Anchorage Daily News columnist Michael Carey discusses the woman who promises to bring “a little bit of reality from Wasilla Main Street” to Washington, DC.
Local results for ‘Palin’ using the search box. You may also use the site search tag in each post, Sarah+Palin.
WordPress.com doesn’t have the best internal search engine, but I’m usually good about using the tags correctly. If you want to know more about Alaska and Alaska Natives, including Eskimo people, especially Yup’ik people of the Yukon Kuskokwim Nushagak region, try using the categories in the sidebar or the site search tags at the bottom of each post.
The Nushagak River is in the Bristol Bay region (Dillingham is the hub. The link opens in a new window) from which Todd Palin’s family comes.
- Where is… Palin and bridge to Nowhere Alaska
- Where is… Wasilla (Gov. Sarah Palin’s residence)
- Most popular in 2007, 2008 YKWP (boring post)
- Electricity disaster declarations in Alaska
- Tsunami Awareness Week
- Bethel “town hall” meeting on AGIA
- Gov. Palin 2008 State of the State address
- Ask the Governor (maybe in Bethel)
- Briefs 4
- Mass disease pass, 2007
- Rhonda McBride appointed rural advisor to Gov. Palin
- E-mail the Governor
Our terrific state-wide public radio network is offering a reprise of their hour-long show about Governor Palin. Listen here, AK: Sarah Palin, Revisited
- Todd Palin, Sarah Palin’s husband, and rural Alaska living
- https://ykalaska.wordpress.com/2008/08/30/sarah-palin-content/(This post)
- Where is… Sarah Palin foreign experience (Russia)
Because Gov. Palin has offered her credentials as commander of the National Guard, here is the category for related posts here– Eskimo Guard For those who have read several news stories quoting the Alaska Business Journal Monthly story, March 2007 (? looking for the original article), the end of 2006, on the Governor’s response to the Iraq surge, may be interested in this post, What impact will Iraq war call-up have from June 2006. State governors don’t usually have much involvement in US wars, and naturally would be more interested in state affairs. But this US war has called up our National Guardsmen.
“Alaska is on the map” is the recent slogan. Actually, Alaska has always been on the map. In fact, all over the map and maps. Click the category maps to find out where all we’ve been put now.
Other reasonable writings (i.e., respectful and insightful) —
Read Writing Raven on Sarah Palin and Alaska Native Issues
Mudflats on photos of Wasilla, church in Wasilla, global photogs and newsmedia in Wasilla, et al. Sarah Palin’s Preacher Problem. End Times Coming?
Shannyn Moore, also an Alaska woman, daughter of teachers, “Bitter-Proud”? (hard to read theme so use your own style sheet)
Andrew Halcro, Palin for VP: The S.W.O.T Analysis, who keeps up with bailouts of local dairies, “troopergate”, Governor’s gasline to be built by foreigners.
Good grief. I have overlooked the O’Folks off their Rocker much earlier post over at —
- Gov Sarah Palin call-in KYUK (January 2008)
- Sarah Palin, the elderly, the disabled, older Americans and rural Alaska ( Sept 2, 2008)
This is a good summary, from Slate. The Sarah Palin FAQ Everything you ever wanted to know about the Republican vice presidential nominee. By Derek Thompson Posted Thursday, Sept. 4, 2008, at 5:39 PM ET
has consistently provided balanced and accurate information. Listen to him at NPR,
Site Search Tags: Palin, Sarah+Palin, Bristol+Bay, Dillingham, Yup’ik, Nushagak, McCain+Palin, revised